1.27.2011

Nothing in life is free

Today as I was folding laundry the doorbell rang. It was around 5pm so I assumed it was my friend coming to pick up her son, even though she usually knocks. A nice looking girl stood there saying they are in the area doing a free carpet cleaning. "One whole room free" and "don't worry, I'm not selling anything" was all she said. I said OK, sounds great! Next thing I know a gentleman came in with a few large boxes clearly marked "Kirby" on them. I knew right then and there I was suckered into a demo. I knew someone a long time ago that sold Rainbow vacuums with a very similar concept. ( An in-home demo of a product not sold in stores for a ridiculous $3,000!!). We hadn't had the carpets cleaned since we moved in so I thought; what the hey, I'll listen to the deal and in return have clean carpets in the living room. Sounds easy enough.
I had seen this routine before and as much as this Kirby vacuum did a really good job, there is just no way we can afford it- even with the financing they offered at $120 per month.
So, three hours later....


This is all the icky dust/sand/dirt/grime that the Kirby pulled from my carpet in my living room.

 I finally got this....



A clean carpet... That defiantly wasn't free. No, I didn't buy the vacuum but 3 hours of my precious time just isn't worth it. 

Moral of the story? It's time to buy a "No Soliciting" sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment