1.19.2011

I am not a boy!

Both of my darling little girls have been mistaken for boys on more than one occasion during their no/short hair time. It happened to Savannah all the time. Her ears were pierced and I would dress her head to toe in pink but people would still refer to her as "him" or "he". She had no hair until she was 1, and it remained quite short until she was almost 3. (You can only imagine my horror when she gave herself a haircut at 3 1/2). When Madelyn came along, I loved decorating her cute head with headbands adorning huge flowers. She too has been blessed with a very small amount of hair. Maddy turned 2 years old a few weeks ago and for the most part, avoided being called a boy. Up until now that is. She has a cute little zip up sweatshirt that is blue and white stripped. On the front, it has a large yellow and pink logo. She was wearing it when we were greeted in a restaurant yesterday, and the host asked me if I wanted crayons for "him". ugh.
For now, I guess I will need to invest more in these flower hair clips.

No comments:

Post a Comment