11.07.2010

Opportunity

It seems like only yesterday I moved to WA. I packed up my Camaro and made the 840 mile journey to start my new life. My intent was to gain residency and go to school but first I had to find a job. I quickly found work at the Sprint store in Lynnwood. It was an "easy in" since I worked at the Sprint telesales call center back in SLC for over a year.

Over the next 8 years, not a day would go by without saying the word "Sprint". I worked, and I worked spending 40-50 hrs per week away from the family I built with Jason. It was worth it. We lived comfortably in a new house, newer vehicles, and private school for Savannah. Life was good... Or was it? We spent very little time together as a family, but bills were paid so it was OK, right?

11/6/10 was the day that divided my life into two parts and changed the lives of all of us forever. A day that will be in my mind forever. This was the day that Sprint no longer needed me. To Sprint I am not a mother, not a wife, not even a human-being but rather a number on a spreadsheet.

One word comes to mind during this time; Opportunity. This is my opportunity to change, my opportunity to do what I want to do. This is my opportunity to shine. Now my life will forever be divided into two parts; before working for Sprint and after....

Where will I go from here?... School. What I originally came to WA to do. Prereq's first then on to apply to the Nursing program.... I will have the opportunity to do what I love and I will love what I do, all while getting to know that family that I made and haven't been able to fully enjoy. What an awesome opportunity it will be.

Come along for the ride and don't forget to buckle up...

No comments:

Post a Comment