2.05.2011

Sometimes the hardest part is getting started

When I was younger I wanted to be a nurse when I grew up. As I got older I became more undecided and never actually decided on anything. I got a job soon after high school and stayed there for 8 years until I was forced into unemployment. Thus making me wonder" "what the hell do I want to do for the rest of my life?". I still want to become a nurse and now is the time to get it started.

After being "promoted to custy" from Sprint, I have had plenty of time to think over these last few months. I made a goal and I put together a plan: School. Well that was the easy part. I missed winter quarter and am not sure I'm going to make spring quarter. I applied to and got accepted to the local community college. I submitted my FAFSA, and financial aid apps to the financial aide office. Before I can register, the final step is to take the placement exam. This I haven't been able to do. A huge reason why I haven't been able to is lack of a babysitter while I take the test. I can pay for on- campus daycare with my student loan while I'm in school (once I'm registered) but I can't find anyone babysit while I take a stupid test? After talking to my sister, she said to me that there will be many more bumps in the road while going to school and I can't let this be the reason I don't go. Brutal, but empowering. I suppose I can't quit if I haven't even started.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment